Union Coach Services respects the safety of the individuals it transports with its vehicles as well as the road safety of the wider community. Our strategic objective is to minimize the chances of getting involved in an accident, during the course of our activities. For this purpose, we have developed and implemented a documented Road Safety Management System in line with the requirements of ISO 39001: 2012.
The Road Safety Management System of the Company concerns the transport of persons with privately owned or leased vehicles. It was designed according to the needs and aspirations of the company and the legislative and regulatory requirements of the applicable Greek and Community legislation.
Our core principles focus on customer trust and credibility, safe transport, and contribution to the community. Our overall objective is to offer our customers high-quality transport services with safety and comfort. More specifically, our company seeks:
- Continuously increasing the security of its services.
- Continuous personnel training in safe driving programs and new technologies.
- Compliance with the requirements of the legislation.
- Keeping its personnel informed about road safety and company policy issues.
- Systematic reduction of road accidents and injuries.
- Continuous improvement of the Road Safety Management System with the effective use of the following tools:
- Study and assessment of risks related to vehicle movements and the implementation of actions, based on the results of this assessment, in order to minimize risk factors for staff movements.
- Continuous renewal of the fleet, in order to increase the quality and safety of our transport services.
- System implementation level checks with Internal Audits.
- Taking corrective and preventive actions to bring about continuous improvement and reduction of accidents.
- Periodic and systematic analysis of data resulting from the system records in order to check its effectiveness.
- Annual management report.
Our company's philosophy and values also include avoiding environmental damage, reasonable use of energy resources, the application of health and safety rules, and the provision of services with qualitative criteria.
Management is committed to making available the resources it deems necessary to carry out its work. All employees are responsible for adhering to road safety rules, and they also must contribute to the accomplishment of the company's goals. For this reason, all employees and external co-workers, drivers-subcontractors, depending on their responsibilities, are informed about the Road Safety Management System and act in accordance with the established rules.
All processes, flows, and actions that do not guarantee the fulfillment of our objectives are immediately interrupted by the responsible managers. We analyze the causes and define the necessary improvement measures.
This Road Safety Policy has been shared with our staff, final customers - passengers, partners, suppliers and the general public. The Quality Policy, as well as its principles and objectives, are reviewed periodically every year by the Company's Management.